The town was rebuilt after a devestating fire in July, 1924.
Daisetta's economy, like that of its sister community of Hull, two miles north, depended largely upon oil. Several newspapers served Hull and Daisetta during the 1930s and 1940s. Among these were the Progressive Outlook, the Liberty County News, the Liberty County Press, and the Hull-Daisetta News.
Despite the proximity of Hull, Daisetta residents maintained a strong independent identity, voting to incorporate their town in 1946, 1955, and 1961.
Daisetta's opulation level, however, dropped as oilfield production declined. Although, once Daisetta had an estimated 3,000 residents, the population was 1,764 in 1950 and 1,177 in 1980, when Daisetta had twenty-three businesses. In 1990 its population was 969 and in 2000 it was 1,034.